Retrieving coins from paper wallet

• I'm trying to retrieve the coins from a paper wallet/private file created with the exp.rocks generator. Since the online import function doesn't seem to work (nothing happens when the "unlock" button is clicked, that leaves me with the gexp wallet. I've been trying to import the key with commands like:
    ./gexp --password ~/.expanse/keystore/password account import ~/.expanse/keystore/key.prv
    but end up with the message:
    Fatal: Failed to load the private key: encoding/hex: invalid byte: U+00EF 'ï'

The file does seem to be UTF-8, so I tried converting it into ASCII with Linux iconv, but ends up with a similar error:
    Fatal: Failed to load the private key: encoding/hex: invalid byte: U+0055 'U'

I also tried to create a "password file" and using the --password switch when importing, but the error is still the same.

I did choose to password protect the paper wallet/private key file and I suspect that might have something to do with the private key being misinterpreted.

So my question is quite simple... how do I rescue my coins from my paper wallet the easiest way?

Thanks.

• Score! I finally found a solution. At myetherwallet.com, it's possible to generate a new wallet from an encrypted private key as long as you have the password. Then I just downloaded the new json wallet file to .expanse/keystore and a new account showed up in the expanse wallet containing my EXP coins from the paper wallet.

Looks like your connection to Expanse Crypto Currency Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.